Documents required for registration of SIP
Please bring the following documents to GMC on the date of SIP:
- FDW's IPA Letters (Photocopy)
- FDW's Passport (Original)
- A copy of FDW's Educational Certificate as documentary proof that they have had a minimum of 8 years of formal education.
Please note that FDW will not be allowed to attend the SIP if the above documents are not presented.
SETTLING-IN PROGRAMME (SIP)
Settling-in Programme is conducted daily in English, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog and Burmese. International class is conducted every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
In order to serve you better, please note that for international classes we require bookings to be done at least 2 days in advance to secure the services of an interpreter of the required language. For bookings done less than 2 days in advance, the class arrangement will depend on the language proficiency of the FDW.
SIP COURSE FEE IS $75 inclusive of GST.
ALL FDWs MUST BE PICKED UP FROM OUR CENTRE WITHIN 30 MINUTES AFTER THE COMPLETION OF SIP.
Settling-in Programme Course Info
With effect from 1 May 2012, all first-time foreign domestic workers (FDWs) will attend the one-day Settling-In Programme (SIP), conducted in English or in the FDWs' native languages. SIP aims to better orientate and equip FDWs with basic knowledge about living and working safely in Singapore. SIP will replace the English Entry Test for FDWs. The current 4-hour Safety Awareness Course (SAC) will also be subsumed under the SIP.
Duration of SIP
1 day (0900HRS to 1800HRS)
Objectives of SIP
- Raise general awareness of FDWs on home safety, in particular high-rise safety
- Provide them with information on the safety precautions to take when carrying out routine chores
- Educate them on Work permit conditions, their rights and responsibilities as an FDW
- Better orientate and equip FDWs with basic knowledge about living and working in Singapore
Content of SIP
- Introduction to Singapore
- Conditions of Employment
- Safety at home
- Safety in other areas
- Relationship and stress management