Documents required for registration of SIP
Please bring the following documents to GMC on the date of SIP:
- FDW's IPA Letters (Photocopy)
- FDW's Passport (Original)
- A copy of FDW's Educational Certificate as documentary proof that they have had a minimum of 8 years of formal education.
- Confirmation slip
Failure to provide any of the above documents, FDW will not be allowed to attend the SIP.
SETTLING-IN PROGRAMME (SIP)
Settling-in Programme is conducted daily for English, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog and Burmese. International class is conducted every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. International class includes Tamil, Punjabi, Thai, Sinhalese, Telegu, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Hindi.
SIP COURSE FEE IS $75 inclusive of GST.
ALL FDWs MUST BE PICKED UP FROM OUR CENTRE WITHIN 30 MINUTES AFTER THE COMPLETION OF SIP.
Settling-in Programme Course Info
With effect from 1 May 2012, all first-time foreign domestic workers (FDWs) will attend the one-day Settling-In Programme (SIP), conducted in English or in the FDWs' native languages. SIP aims to better orientate and equip FDWs with basic knowledge about living and working safely in Singapore. SIP will replace the English Entry Test for FDWs. The current 4-hour Safety Awareness Course (SAC) will also be subsumed under the SIP.
Duration of SIP
Objectives of SIP
- Raise general awareness of FDWs on home safety, in particular high-rise safety
- Provide them with information on the safety precautions to take when carrying out routine chores
- Educate them on Work permit conditions, their rights and responsibilities as an FDW
- Better orientate and equip FDWs with basic knowledge about living and working in Singapore
Content of SIP
- Introduction to Singapore
- Conditions of Employment
- Safety at home
- Safety in other areas
- Relationship and stress management